With spring approaching, it is not only the sun that comes out, but also pollen from freshly cut grass, flowers and birch trees. But for you who suffer from pollen allergy, it can be less wonderful. The symptoms of pollen allergy are watery runny nose and nasal congestion, sneezing, itchy nose and red, itchy and watery eyes.
But did you know that there are things you can do to relieve your discomfort naturally? One of the most effective ways to relieve the symptoms of pollen allergy is through dietary changes and supporting your gastrointestinal tract.
4 tips on how you can influence your allergy and relieve your problems:
- Remove gluten: If you suffer from a pollen allergy, it may be a good idea to exclude gluten from your diet. Gluten is found in wheat, rye and barley, and the body needs to work hard to break down this protein. By avoiding gluten, you reduce the amount of work your body has to do to deal with the allergy and you may feel less overwhelmed.
- Replace dairy products: Dairy products can be another challenge for people with pollen allergies. Many dairy products contain histamine, which can worsen allergy symptoms. By replacing your dairy products with other alternatives, for example vegan, you can reduce the amount of histamine you ingest and reduce your symptoms.
- Reduce or eliminate sugar: Sugar can also worsen the symptoms of pollen allergy by making the body work harder and your intestinal flora can be negatively affected. By reducing or removing sugar from your diet, such as white sugar found in cookies, soft drinks, energy drinks and ice cream, you can help your body work more efficiently and help your gut flora feel better.
- Strengthen the body with superfood: Superfood is extremely nutritious food and a simple way to ensure that the body gets the nutrition it needs. A regular intake of superfood can have different effects; some protect your body on the inside, while others strengthen and heal. We recommendProtein Power which has a strengthening effect without disturbing additives and Detox Deluxe which protects and cleanses the body of disturbing substancesto get into balance and get rid of their problems.
Taking proper care of your body through diet and nutrition can help alleviate the symptoms of pollen allergy and improve your quality of life. Try these tips and see if they can help you enjoy spring without hassle!
[ Sources ]
1. Gluten: A study published in the journal Nutrients 2017 Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5745697/
More information about allergies and tips to reduce discomfort, including information about diet and nutrition. https://astmaoallergiforbundet.se/information-rad/allergi/pollenallergi/
2. Dairy products: A study published in the journal Nutrients 2018 Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6267024/
Information on allergies and intolerances, including recommendations on diet and nutrition for people with allergies, is also available on the Swedish Food Agency's website.
3. Sugar: A study published in the journal Nutrients in 2018 found that high sugar intake can increase inflammation and decrease gut health. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6073489/
Allergies and tips to alleviate discomfort, including information on diet and nutrition. 1177, Search Allergies.
4. AGeneral guidelines for a healthy diet.A study published in the journal Nutrients in 2017 Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5707642/