Did you know that fasting has become more common as a method to both improve health but also feel more energetic
But what is fasting really and why do some choose to fast? Fasting means abstaining from food for a certain period of time. Many people choose to fast for various reasons, it can be either to lose weight or to improve their health. Regardless of the reason for fasting, there are different methods to choose from.
1. Water fast: Water fasting involves completely abstaining from food and only drinking water for a period of time, usually from 24 hours up to several days. During a water fast, the body enters a state of ketosis, where the body begins to break down stored body fat for energy. Water fasting is said to help reduce inflammation, improve cognitive function and strengthen the immune system.
2. Intermittent fasting is another popular method where you alternate between periods of fasting and eating. Usually, this means eating for a certain period of time during the day, between 8-10 hours, and then fasting the rest of the time. Intermittent fasting can help improve insulin resistance, weight loss and blood sugar control.
3. 5/2 fixed is another method which means that you eat normally five days a week and fast the remaining two days, where you limit calorie intake to 500-600 calories/day. This can help you reduce calorie intake and improve insulin resistance and heart health.
4. 6/8 fasting similar to periodic phase but is even more structured. This fasting method involves eating for a period of 8 hours and fasting for 6 hours. This method can help improve digestion, energy levels and weight loss.
5. Smoothie cure 48 hours , is another type of fasting that involves drinking only smoothies or juices for a period of 48 hours. This method can help break unhealthy eating habits, support the body's purification system, give an energy boost and reduce sweet cravings. You can read more about our smoothie fast with superfoods here
But what really is the biggest benefit of fasting?
It is said that fasting can help rebuild the body and cells. What the body does when you choose to fast is that it breaks down damaged or unnecessary cells and instead reuses the resources to be able to build new, healthy cells. Fasting can help your body prevent disease and improve your immune system.
In conclusion, fasting is a practice that can have many health benefits and can help improve weight loss, energy levels, digestion, insulin resistance and the immune system.
It is important to note that fasting is not for everyone and that it is always best to consult with a doctor or other qualified health professional before starting your fast. If you choose to fast, it is important to be careful and not fast for a long time or without having enough nutrition and fluids.
Fasting can be an effective method for improving health and feeling better, but it is important that fasting is done in the right way and with regard to one's own condition and needs.
Elin, one of our customers who has experience with waterproofing says this:
"I noticed a significant improvement in my energy level and my concentration after an extended water fast. In addition, my sleep quality improved and I felt more mentally clear" - Elin
If you want to read more about our various health treatments, please visit our website where we offer a wide range of treatment programs:
Explore our options such as 72-hour Detox cure, 5 day feel good cure and 2 days smoothie regimen. We have something for every need and goal when it comes to promoting health and wellness. Take a look and find the perfect regimen for you!